Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Opelousas Trip

Last week I had an opportunity to paint at the family farm belonging to my Acupuncturist, Fern Martin.  I've been getting acupuncture treatments from Fern for several months and I have never felt better.  She is awesome!  Fern lives on the farm in Opelousas, LA with her two sisters.

While I was on location painting there, they were making a compost bed to use on their wonderful garden.  I really enjoyed watching these three amazing and talented women work together on their project.  During my visit, I toured the hen house and was lucky enough to watch a hen laying an egg.

There are so many areas on the farm that would make wonderful subjects to paint.  One of my favorites is a little pump house with a chalk board and the words "Another Great Day" written there.  Every time I am there, those words remind me of all the many things I have to be grateful for and one of them is "Another Great Day".

"Another Great Day"
6 x 6 - oil on canvas panel
NFS


No comments:

Post a Comment