Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Colorful Corner

This house is located in New Orleans right outside the French Quarter known as the Marigny District.  It's the next neighborhood downriver from the French Quarter, just on the other side of Esplanade Avenue. Long a quiet residential neighborhood, the area has exploded in recent years into a vibrant and colorful destination for food, music and good times, with much of this activity concentrated on Frenchmen Street.  I was drawn to this little house because of the quaint feel it has.

"Colorful Corner"
(8 x 8 - original oil on panel)





















Artist Note:  
I'm adding more color to my paintings (a technique I learned from a recent workshop).  In this painting I put transparent color in then scraped out the excess and came over with lighter color added in with a palette knife.


1 comment: