Monday, November 19, 2012

White Poppy Study

Okay, its Thanksgiving week and I have my sweet family coming over on Thursday, so I am very excited about that and have been doing a little cooking and getting ready.  I have been a good girl and taking care of business, and have not painted much this week.  When I don't paint, I get really bad withdrawals.  So, I took a break from Thanksgiving duties today and painted.  My photography is not the best, but here it is anyway.

I have a 4 foot canvas sitting in my garage that I am thinking about painting poppies on and thought I would play around on a small piece of canvas until I get what I want then paint it large.  Here is my first study on a  16" x 18" piece of canvas...probably one of many until I am satisfied with my end result.


White Poppy #1
16 x 18 - oils on canvas













This painting is on loose canvas and can be stretched and/or mounted on panel board.

1 comment:

  1. This has to be one of my favorites of your Maria. I love everything about it but especially the rhythm you placed in the petals.

    ReplyDelete