Friday, October 25, 2013

Shrimp Boats

I've been painting boats with my paint buddy, Denise Broussard, lately.  We are getting our stamina up for our upcoming trip to Ft. Meyers, Florida "Paint the Beach" in November.

The following painting was painted in Delcambre, LA at the public dock area.  We brought our paint mascot Schnauzers Lucy Anna and Olive Lou with us on this excursion. Because we were right at the point of the public dock we smelled boat and exhaust fumes all day, yuck.  Also, we first got there and had just set up, I forgot to tie up my large umbrella and it went sailing into the water.  This very nice man retrieved it for us.  It was so hot that day and with all the distractions, my concentration level was very low.   I have to say when I got home I had to do some fixing on this painting, probably more than I would like to have.

















The following is a picture of what I painted from.  To the right of the point is the boat launch.  I wish now that I would have taken a picture of all of the fishermen on the left of where the picture was.  There were 11 boats anchored along the left shore.  I think it would have made a great painting.  Oh well, another day.




The following painting was painted on location in Intracoastal City, LA.  This spot was more of a secluded area where the shrimpers dock their boats and offload at the shrimp plant.  Can you imagine the smell. We had a great painting day but it was very hot.





















Here is the picture of what I was painting from that day.  This small shrimp boat was for sale and docked further into the end of the canal.
















We went back to the same spot again in Intracoastal City, LA  I will probably tweak this boat a little more before I say it is done.




Here is the picture of what was there.  There were definitely more boats there this time.  The building behind is the shrimp processing warehouse with that wonderful smell.  I wish I would have had a bigger canvas to paint all of the view in.  Guess that will be for another day...











No comments:

Post a Comment