Sunday, March 18, 2012

Acrylic Florals

I usually paint in oils, but every time I pick up my acrylics I have a great time. I enjoy spreading acrylic paint, love the feel and often wonder "Why don't I do this more often?". The answer to that is "I don't know". I do have more oil brushes and not as many "favorite" acrylic brushes as I do in oils, maybe that is why. I never switch mediums using the same brush. If that brush was purchased for oils, it always sees oils until it dies. Same thing goes for acrylic brushes.

The following little mini floral paintings were created in acrylics on masonite board. I hope you enjoy viewing them as much as I did creating them.

"Cream Hibiscus"
(6 x 6 - acrylics on masonite board)










"Ranunculus - Pauline Violet" [member of the buttercup family]
(4 x 4 - acrylics on masonite board)










"Protea - Silvia"
(4 x 4 - acrylics on masonite board)


This floral species is native to South Africa and Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment