Saturday, September 1, 2012

"Put a Cork in It" Competition

The Lafayette Art Association that I belong to is having another juried art competition they have named "Put A Cork In It", which only means they are serving wine and cheese at the reception.  But, I always find it a challenge to try to do a play on words, especially when I create an abstract piece.  I racked my brain and went to work on creating something for the show and here is my entry.  I will find out next week if this piece makes it in.


"Nature of Things, Good vs. Evil"
30 x 40 - oil on gallery wrapped canvas































Artist Note:
In my Abstract Representational piece, God and the Devil, obviously represent good vs. evil.  The rose with thorns represents nature and beauty as well as being vulnerable to hurt.  The leaking heart represents Mankind.  God is looking down on us and smiling.  The yellow from his beard is enveloping the heart and fixing the problem, thus "Putting A Cork In It"...and yes, that is a real wine cork.  The devil is not happy...




1 comment:

  1. Good luck with this fabulous entry! I can hardly wait to see this piece in person. I am certain it is impressive. Hope Issac didn't chase you out of Florida and that you had a wonderful holiday.
    See you soon,
    Cheers! Denise

    ReplyDelete