Thursday, April 24, 2014

St. Mary Church in Abbeville, LA

I headed out to Abbeville at the beginning of the week to meet my painting buddy, Denise.  We happened upon this sweet little church, St. Mary Congregational Church.   The Church, built in 1905, is on the National Register of Historic Places. We met the lady whose grandfather participated in building the church.

This painting is sitting on my easel, not finished, obviously I intend to finish my tree branches in there (see photo below).  Once completed, this and all finished paintings will be placed on my website for sale.



Here is the church. 


And here's Lucy enjoying the day!




Happy Painting!


1 comment:

  1. Love the progress you are making with this painting. It is lovely and it isn't even completed. That's always a good sign.

    ReplyDelete