Monday, April 6, 2015

Tugboat on the Vermilion River

My husband and I often go riding around taking pictures (he indulges me), so I can have pictures to paint from in my studio.  We were down south of Abbeville, Louisiana at a place called Bancker Grotto.  The grotto is a memorial park whose grounds are along the Vermilion River.  There is a walkway that runs along the river from the grotto to the adjacent graveyard.  It was getting late, sun was setting and the mosquitoes were getting active so we were hurrying through when I spotted this tugboat coming down the river and snapped a few quick shots as it passed.


"Tugboat on the Vermilion River"
12" x 12" - oil on gallery wrapped canvas

*This boat painting is for sale and can be purchased on my website (http://mariarandolph.com/workszoom/1726801)

No comments:

Post a Comment