For today's entry I painted a lemon from my yard. When we first planted the tree, it was very small and in a few years has grown to produce more lemons than we can possibly use or give away. Lemons are usually ready to begin picking in November.
6 x 6 - oil on canvas panel
Did you know:
- Lemon oil may be used in aromatherapy.
- The low pH of lemon juice makes it antibacterial.
- A halved lemon is used as a finger moistener for those counting large amounts of bills, such as tellers and cashiers.
- The juice of the lemon may be used for cleaning. As a sanitary kitchen deodorizer the juice can deodorize, remove grease, bleach stains, and disinfect; when mixed with baking soda, it removes stains from plastic food storage containers.
- Lemon oil is also used as a nontoxic insecticide treatment.
- Throw lemon peel in your flower beds to deterr cats from digging.