Monday, January 7, 2013

Time

Today is Day 6 of the 30 Day Challenge!

For this still life I picked this little clock to paint and a red gerber daisy to bring in some color.

There is a lot to be said about time.
Time waits for no one...
Time flies...
Time marches on...
Don't waste time...


"Time"
6 x 6 - oil on canvas panel




















Time quotes:

Men talk of killing time, while time quietly kills them.  ~Dion Boucicault

As if you could kill time without injuring eternity.  ~Henry David Thoreau, "Economy," Walden, 1854

You may delay, but time will not.  ~Benjamin Franklin

You will never find time for anything. If you want time, you must make it. ~Charles Bixton

When we are doing what we love, we don't care about time. For at least at that moment, time doesn't exist and we are truly free. ~Marcia Wieder

Whether it's the best of times or the worst of times, it's the only time we've got. ~Art Buchwald

“Time lost is never found again.” ~Benjamin Franklin

Artist Note:

I've been playing with using less paint which will allow my background color to come through a little more.  This is pretty subtle, I think, but it also changes the look of the painting, giving me an old antique feel.  For this painting I toned my canvas with raw umber; some I have used black and some burnt sienna.

I painted the time on this clock at 5:00, which means a lot of different things to different people.  This  idea is making me aware of how important time is to everyone.  What does time mean for you?  I would love to hear your thoughts.


1 comment: